The regional office at Eastern Region was set up in June 1991. It is headquartered in Kolkata with jurisdiction over the major eastern states of West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Jharkhanad, parts of Chhattisgarh, and north eastern states.
The region is the eastern gateway for CONCOR, connecting the ports of Haldia, Kolkata and Vizag & Paradip with the hinterland network.
The majority of EXIM traffic in the region is handled at the port side terminals of Haldia and CONCOR Terminal KoPT Coal Dock Road(CTKR). Amingaon near Guwahati is the Inland Container Depot in the region, functioning almost exclusively for the handling of tea exports.Export of steel consignments is also dealt with through the Inland Container Depot at Tatanagar. CFS has been developed at Majerhat with Merry Go Round (MGR) service between KoPT and CFS
The Eastern region has a vital role to play in the development of domestic traffic from other locations, since Kolkata is a major consumption center, receiving regular trains from Delhi, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bangaluru, Hyderabad, Moga, khemli, Desnokh Gotan, Khariya, Thurbe etc.
The region has risen to the challenge of ensuring against empty return of containers by attracting onward traffic of Jute from FCI, Iron & steel consignments, and other miscellaneous goods from Kolkata area by their diversion from road to rail mode in containers.
In order to bring back to rail a significant share of the containerisable Traffic, CONCOR is also loading rakes from private sidings like Sesa Sterlite (Vedanta), Tata Metalik-Gokulpur, Tata Steel -FMAD- Banspani, Aditya Alumina-Jharsuguda, Balco-Korba, Tata Sponge -MMVR, Hindalco-Renukot, Mid East Integrated Steel (MESCO) -Kalinganagar, Arti Steel siding, Ghantikal etc. and CRT's of Railways on demand basis
Name of Nodal Officer for customer complaints : Sh. S. A. Rahman, Sr.GM(C&O)/RO/ER
Name of Nodal Officer for Business Related Query: Sh. S. A. Rahman, Sr.GM(C&O)/RO/ER
Name of Nodal Officer for Service Tax related Matter : Sh. Hardeo Choudhury, Mgr(Accts.)/RO/ER
Refund Procedure & Rules of Eastern Region:-
1. Normally refunds become due to customers on account of incorrect calculations, cancellation of booking by the customers or delivery of consignment/containers short of destinations or at an alternative terminal or due to errors in bookings resulting in wrong and excess collections or recovery of charges more than once.
2. Application for refund/waiver, complete in all respect, may be accepted only with in 90 days from the date of payment. Applications received later than 90 days may be treated as time barred.
3. All applications for waiver/refund should be made to the Terminal In-charge at which the payment has been made.
4. Normally the amount of refund/waiver is credited to the Pre Depositary Account (PDA) of party. In case a party does not have a PDA the amount will be refunded by an account payee cheque.
Claim Procedure & Rules of Eastern Region:-
1. Claim is made for loss or damage of cargo. Claim should be lodged within six month from the date of booking in the region/terminal where the cargo will be dispatched.
2. The following documents should be attached with claim applications.
· Photo copy of IWBs,
· Original Short Certificates.
· Original Assessment/Open delivery report.
· Original Invoice/Beejuck.
· Original Survey reports.
· An undertaking that no compensation claimed/received from any insurance company.
· Other documents on demand.
3. Claims are dealt as per CONCOR claims guide lines.